Something that may cross someone’s mind when getting sober is “well, what will I do for fun now?”. It can be very common to feel this way, especially after years of substance abuse. But have no fear, there are plenty of fun sober activities to partake in all over the country. Today we’d like to spend some time talking about fun sober activities in Atlanta, Georgia!
What Are Some Fun Sober Activities to Do in Atlanta?
Atlanta is filled with sites to see and culture. A major metropolitan area in Georgia with lots of fun things to do:
- The Georgia Aquarium – Visiting the Georgia Aquarium can be a fun way to spend a day. Each guest can get up close to the animals and experience the fun within each exhibit. It’s a great place to take your family, friends, or just enjoy by yourself. This is a great way to look at aquatic life up close and to discover more about what lies underneath the sea.
- World of Coca-Cola – Take a trip to the World of Coca-Cola to learn more about one of the most commonly known beverage brands. There are many different exhibits to experience and favors to try. You can even create your own flavor of Coca-Cola and experience it for yourself.
- Atlanta Botanical Garden – Take a stroll within Atlanta’s Botanical Garden. This is a great way to get exercise while exploring this beautiful place. It is beautiful within every season and has many amazing exhibits. There is a child garden, a canopy walk, an edible garden, and much more. Visit this beautiful garden to discover more about the world around us and to find a peaceful way to spend the day.
- Chick-Fil-A College Football Hall of Fame – There are tons of exhibits and personalized experiences for you and your favorite team. Discover more about some of the famous college football legends and get your picture taken in front of a three-story size helmet. Take out the passions and the traditions of college football and how they relate to today’s college football.
- The Atlanta Beltline – The Atlanta Beltline is a sustainable redevelopment project. It features 1,300 acres of park, 33 miles of trails, and a 22-mile railroad corridor (this is historic). The trails are multi-use so you can take a scenic bike ride, a nice jog, or even a quiet run on these trails. These trails also connect neighborhoods with one another so they seem to be very safe.
- Sightseeing in the city – There are plenty of fun places to visit within the city itself. These places could include things such as the CNN building (which has a huge food court with plenty of delicious places to eat), the ferris wheel (taking a ride on the ferris wheel is a cheap and simple way to see some of the prettiest parts of the city), find fun places to eat (there are plenty of small businesses in which are fun to eat at that don’t include alcohol), and so much more.
Why Are Sober Activities Important?
Sober activities are important because finding something that you can enjoy while maintaining your sobriety is crucial within the recovery process. This can help replace old habits and activities with new healthy and sober habits and activities. Finding support and friends who can encourage and come along on these excursions is helpful in the enjoyment and the continuance.
Seek Sobriety at Atlanta Recovery Place
Here at Atlanta Recovery Place, we want to provide our clients with options of fun things to do while trying to maintain sobriety. We understand that sobriety is not always fun and the recovery process can be long and hard, but it is important to find activities in which you can maintain your sobriety and prevent a future relapse. Reach out to us today to discover more options on how to have fun in Atlanta while being sober.