Whether you are in the throes of drug or alcohol addiction yourself or you ache because your loved one is battling addiction, there is hope. One of the most overwhelming parts of getting help for drug or alcohol use is finding the best metro Atlanta treatment center for you.
Signs of a Drug or Alcohol Addiction
Signs of drug or alcohol addiction can be hard to recognize, and denial is common. But understanding the signs of drug or alcohol addiction can help you decide if you or someone you care about needs to seek help.
- Risky behavior, including trouble with the law or acting in ways that could be harmful to oneself or others
- Continuing to use drugs or alcohol despite problems caused by the substance(s)
- Problems at home, work or school
- Increased aggression
- Changes in personality
- Bloodshot or glazed eyes
- Dilated or constricted pupils
- Unusual body odors
- Looking unkempt
- Sleeping too much or difficulty sleeping
- Poor physical coordination
- Financial difficulty, often due to spending too much money on substances
What Is a Metro Atlanta Treatment Center for Drugs and Alcohol?
A metro Atlanta treatment center for drugs and alcohol is a place that offers treatment, or rehab, for substance addiction in a metropolitan area. A metro Atlanta treatment center is devoted to treating the disease of addiction. The primary goal of rehab is to help a person overcome addiction, healing the mind and body from the effects of addiction in addition to teaching the person how to live without using drugs/alcohol.
What Are the Different Types of Metro Atlanta Treatment for Drugs and Alcohol?
Metro Atlanta treatment options for drug and alcohol can vary, depending on the individual’s unique situation and services offered by facilities.
- Drug addiction, which is a mental health issue, can be treated by way of various therapies that help them work through the issues caused by substance abuse. This helps patients to learn a healthier way of life by replacing drug or alcohol use with positive alternatives. Treatment practices may include group therapy, individual therapy, medication-assisted treatment, support groups and workshops that teach life skills. Typically, therapies are offered through inpatient treatment or outpatient treatment.
Patients who undergo inpatient drug rehab treatment can live on-site while receiving addiction treatment. This is the best option for most people battling drug or alcohol addiction because it removes them from temptation and triggers.
Inpatient drug or alcohol addiction often begins with detoxification – especially for those who exhibit a physical dependence on drugs or alcohol. During detox, the body can rid itself of addictive substances and the debilitating effects of addiction, offering a foundation for a successful recovery.
Once withdrawal is managed successfully, therapies can be offered to address any underlying causes or maladaptive behaviors that may contribute to drug or alcohol misuse.
Just like inpatient treatment, outpatient addiction treatment programs can vary, depending on the needs of the patient as well as services offered. Programs for outpatient rehab vary, with several factors playing into each patient’s treatment, such as the person’s health and commitments outside of rehab (work/school/etc.), the type and severity of the addiction and the duration of the addiction. Outpatient rehab offers many of the same treatment options as inpatient rehab while enabling a person to live life outside of rehab as well.
How Atlanta Recovery Place Can Help You or Your Loved One Today
Finding support and getting help is the most important step in the recovery process. Finding a reputable metro Atlanta treatment center for drug or alcohol addiction is important. Look for a drug rehab center that offers the following for the best chance of recovery success:
- A comfortable environment
- Personalized treatment options
- Types of treatment that fit the needs of the individual
- Multiple therapy options
- Aftercare programs
A rehab facility that is poorly run or offers standardized treatment is not as likely to help someone overcome addiction for good.
Atlanta Recovery Place offers individualized care while focusing on the whole body, mind and spirit. Recovery doesn’t have to be cold and clinical. We offer recovery services in an intimate setting that is conveniently located in the Atlanta Metro area. If you or a loved one needs help with overcoming drug or alcohol misuse, reach out to us today to learn more about our comprehensive residential treatment and outpatient treatment options. Your new tomorrow begins today!